South Florida Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you could be facing a very long road to recovery. Whether your physical injuries will gradually heal or your doctor has told you that a complete recovery appears unlikely, the recovery process is going to be difficult and expensive, and it is going to impact all aspects of your life.
Due to the challenges involved in recovering after an accident, it is important that you seek the best help you can find. This means relying on your family for emotional support, seeking out medical treatment from the top specialists in your area and working with an experienced personal injury attorney. In order to recover physically and emotionally, you need to recover financially as well. If your injuries prevent you from working, you may ultimately have little choice but to fight for just compensation.
Aggressive and Compassionate Legal Representation for Accident Victims in South Florida
Attorneys Jose Raposo and John Lukacs are aggressive and compassionate advocates for accident victims in South Florida. Regardless of what happened, you owe it to yourself to speak with an attorney. We will be happy to sit down and discuss your case one-on-one. Your situation is difficult. There is no other way to put it. But, we can help you get through it, and we will fight tirelessly to win the financial compensation you deserve.
Cases We Handle
In our personal injury practice, we represent individuals who have been seriously injured in all types of traumatic accidents. While many of our clients are victims of car accidents, we routinely handle cases involving defective products, dangerous premises and other causes of catastrophic injuries.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to make sure you have a clear understanding of your legal rights. While Florida’s “no-fault” auto insurance law limits crash victims’ financial recoveries in some cases, this law does not apply to all types of motor vehicle collisions.
- Auto Accidents – Most motor vehicle accident cases involve collisions between two passenger vehicles (i.e. cars, pickup trucks, minivans and SUVs). If you were severely injured in an accident involving a driver who was drunk, distracted, drowsy or made a dangerous mistake behind the wheel, we can help maximize your financial recovery.
- Truck Accidents – Accidents involving commercial trucks often result in devastating injuries. If you were injured in a crash involving a dump truck, tanker truck, tractor trailer, 18-wheeler or other commercial truck, we can make sure the appropriate parties are held fully accountable for your losses.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Florida’s “no-fault” insurance law does not apply to motorcycle accidents. If you were injured while riding your motorcycle, this means that you are not limited as to the sources of financial compensation you can pursue. But, this does not mean your case will be easy. In fact, most insurance companies will vigorously dispute motorcycle riders’ claims for financial compensation. We have experience fighting for riders in South Florida and we can make sure you collect the compensation to which you are legally entitled.
- Golf Cart Accidents – From a lack of safety belts to insurance coverage issues, golf cart accident cases present a number of unique challenges. At Raposo & Lukacs, we have significant experience representing clients who have been injured in Florida golf car accidents. We can use this experience to help you assert your legal rights.
- Pedestrian Accidents – For obvious reasons, pedestrians who are hit by motor vehicles typically suffer severe traumatic injuries. If you were hit by a car while walking or jogging in South Florida, attorneys Jose Raposo and John Lukacs will do what it takes to hold the negligent driver fully accountable for your losses.
Premises-related accidents account for a significant percentage of the personal injury claims filed in Florida each year. These accidents can have a variety of different causes, all of which can potentially support a claim for financial compensation against the property owner. We handle premises liability cases involving serious injuries sustained on residential, commercial and public property due to:
- Negligent Security
- Drowning and Other Swimming Pool Accidents
- Hotel and Resort Negligence
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Dog Bites and Other Animal Attacks
Any injury that has the potential for long-term effects is considered to be a “catastrophic injury.” These injuries can have severe physical, psychological and financial consequences, and asserting your right to compensation is a crucial step on the road to recovery.
Whether you ride your bike for fun, exercise or as a mode of transportation, if you ride on the road, you are at risk for being hit by a passing vehicle. No matter how much you spent on your bike, your repair (or replacement) costs are likely to be just a small fraction of your total losses.
Dangerous and Defective Products
Dangerous and defective product cases are unique from other types of personal injury cases in that they are governed by the law of “strict liability.” While a victim must typically prove negligence in order to secure a financial recovery, the law of strict liability entitles victims to financial compensation without any evidence of negligence. We handle all types of dangerous and defective product cases in Florida, and Mr. Raposo and Mr. Lukacs have particular experience in cases involving:
- Defective Drugs
- Dangerous Medical Devices
If you were injured on the water, recovering just compensation for your injuries will require a comprehensive investigation and a strategic approach to dealing with the insurance companies. As a South Florida personal injury law firm, we have extensive experience representing victims of maritime accidents. We can help you whether you were injured inland, in the Atlantic Ocean or in the Gulf of Mexico. We handle all types of maritime accident cases, including:
- Boating Accidents
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Cruise Line Accidents
- Diving Accidents
Despite the portrayals of aviation accidents in movies and on television, most accidents involving private planes and commercial airliners happen on or near the ground. From engine and tire defects to pilot and maintenance worker mistakes, numerous factors can cause aviation accidents, and all types of aviation accidents have the potential to result in serious injuries.
Florida Personal Injury FAQs
Q: How do I know if I should speak with a personal injury lawyer?
If you are in pain after an accident, you should speak with a lawyer. It’s really that simple. The financial and non-financial costs of a traumatic injury can be substantial; and, if you are like most people, you cannot afford to pay the costs of someone else’s mistake for the rest of your life. We offer free, no-obligation initial consultations and attorneys Jose Raposo and John Lukacs will be happy to tell you if you have a case worth pursuing.
Q: What if I was being reckless when my accident happened?
If you are concerned that you may have been partially at fault in the accident, you should not let this affect any of your decisions at this time. You still need to seek prompt medical attention, and you still need to speak with an attorney about your legal rights. If an investigation reveals that you may have been partially to blame, your attorney can explain what this means for your case. However, under Florida law, the general rule is that you can still seek partial compensation for your losses.
Q: Will my personal injury claim settle before it goes to court?
Maybe. Most personal injury claims settle before they ever get close to going to trial. But, some don’t, and sometimes an accident victim’s best option is to take the case to court. While we pride ourselves on securing high-value settlements for our clients, we are equally proud of our trial record, and we will not hesitate to take the insurance companies to court.
Q: Do all personal injury cases involve insurance claims?
No. Most do, but some don’t. For example, a personal injury case may not involve filing an insurance claim if:
- You were hit by an uninsured driver or boater
- You were injured in a hit-and-run accident on the road or on the water
- You have a claim against a business that is self-insured
When a liable party does not have insurance coverage, a key aspect of our legal representation involves determining what other sources of financial recovery are available. While it is most desirable to be able to look to an insurance company for payment, a lack of insurance does not necessarily mean that there is no hope for a financial recovery. If you have a claim against an uninsured driver, boater or business, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Us 24/7 to Speak With a Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
With offices in Coral Gables, our firm represents accident victims throughout Florida. If you have been seriously injured and have questions about your legal rights, we want to hear from you. To schedule a free initial consultation at a time and location that are convenient for you, please call (305) 567-0777 or tell us about your accident online today.