Motor Vehicle Accident
Serving Car Accident Victims in Miami and Throughout Florida
Each year, nearly 30,000 people are killed in motor vehicle crashes across the United States and hundreds of thousands of others are injured, as reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Car accidents are serious and they can result in life altering injuries.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida
The moments after a car accident be sure to:
- Call the police: Report the accident immediately so that the appropriate authorities respond and generate an accurate report. Be sure to provide officers with a statement of the facts of the accident.
- Seek medical attention: You should not delay in seeking medical attention if you are involved in a serious car accident. Injuries sustained in an accident can be serious, so it is important that you receive medical treatment to learn the extent of your condition as well as begin the appropriate treatment.
- Gather witness information: If you are able, you should get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses to the crash who could help your case at a later date.
- Take photos: Take pictures of the scene of the accident, damage to your vehicle, and your injuries.
- Call Raposo & Lukacs Attorneys at Law: If you believe a negligent driver or company caused your accident, contact our Florida car accident lawyers at Raposo & Lukacs, Attorneys at Law. Our firm of experienced attorneys will evaluate your potential case and advise you on the appropriate course of action to protect your legal rights.
After a Florida Auto Accident, Your Life Can Change Forever
No one anticipates being involved in a car accident, but unfortunately for millions of Americans each year, accidents happen. A car accident occurs in just seconds, but its impact can last for months, years, or even a lifetime. Injuries caused from car accidents range in severity, but can include, among others:
- Broken bones
- Head trauma
- Back injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Arm and leg injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Torn tendons or ligaments
Any of these injuries could greatly impede your ability to perform basic living and work tasks. If you were injured due to the negligence of the other driver or drivers involved in the crash, our team of lawyers will fight to seek compensation for your losses stemming from the accident.
Compensation for Your Florida Auto Accident Related Losses
One of the first questions many car accident victims will have is: how much compensation will I receive in a personal injury or wrongful death case? Your exact recovery will depend on the unique circumstances surrounding the crash and your injuries. In a personal injury action, your damages are generally the most important factors in determining case value, which include, among others:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Diminished earning capacity
- Past and Future Pain and suffering
Those who tragically lose a loved one in a Florida car accident may be able to seek the following damages in wrongful death and survivor claims against the negligent driver(s) or company(s) who caused the crash:
- Lost wages and other benefits that decedent might have reasonably earned if he or she had lived
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Conscious pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship and care
Miami is a busy city filled with drivers rushing to their next destination. Due to the frantic pace, there is an auto accident reported every 92 seconds. Miami-Dade County alone accounted for 44,206 crashes. It is crucial that you contact a Miami car accident attorney following an auto accident which results in injury or death.
Possible Causes of Accidents
The most common causes of car accidents are.
- Texting and Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Falling Asleep at the Wheel
- Drunk Driving
- Driving while on Medication
Raposo & Lukacs, Attorneys at Law are here to Help
As soon as you are involved in an auto accident that results in injury you should seek medical attention. As soon as you’ve taken care of your injuries you should contact an attorney. An attorney can guide you through the process of handling the situation. The list below includes some of the tasks the attorney will handle for you.
- Identify all defendants
- Locate the insurance coverage
- Discuss the accident with the insurance agency
- Retrieve a copy of the police report
- Request copies of your medical records
- Explore your lost wage options
- Document the damages to your car
- Document your medical care
- Build the case against the defendant
- Prepare a demand for damages to the insurance company
- File the Proper Lawsuit
Car accidents are a serious occurrence that needs to be handled professionally. A Miami car accident attorney will be familiar with the local rules and applicable laws. This knowledge is crucial in successfully navigating your auto claim and will prove to be beneficial when the insurance company attempts to play “hard ball”. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident contact Raposo & Lukacs, Attorneys at Law immediately for further assistance.